Any websites that show all dive sites worldwide on a Google map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any websites that allow people to add on a map all the dive sites that they've been to so that other divers know good spots to go to?

I hate going to some location and having no idea where to go diving.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't know one which has dive sites from all over the world but if you are in Ontario, Canada the Ontario Underwater Council has something for Google Map and Google Earth. The Google Earth file is pretty cool actually. You can get them at Ontario Underwater Council.

Try divebuddy.com. Its got search/browse feature, feedback, ratings, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it just be a map of the world. Ocean, lakes, rivers... or is there some sort of qualifier?

One of my favorite pastimes is poking around online to find out everything I can about our next possible dive area. I think I'd be downright disappointed if all I had to do is pull up a worlwide dive site directory and point my finger, or cursor, or whatever. You know the old expression about 'getting there is half the fun'? It's not just about finding the site, but learning about another piece of the world. So don't rush it ... go so far as visiting, say, two websites instead of one.

divebuddy.com is the closest to that I've found. Far from perfect, but not horrible. I think it uses google earth for it's map features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom