A moving interview with a dive supervisor at the Korean ferry site.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a job for the weak stomached, not something I'd like to have to do.

God bless them, victims and volunteers

Not a job for the weak stomached, not something I'd like to have to do.

A friend of mine did, for many years, some public safety diving which occasionally involved body recoveries. His last PSD dive involved recovering two deceased young children (twins) from the backseat of their car that had driven off a road and sank in a river killing an entire family, including some extended family members, returning from vacation. My friend told me that after that particular dive, he was no longer able to do a body recovery. It was more the young twins, rather than the entire family, that broke his will to do these types of dives.

There was an interview between Anderson Cooper and a rescue diver on TV last night, and it definitely gave me chills to imagine. 0 ft black vis, on a rebreather without even bubbles to tell you which way is up and which down, bumping into dead bodies...

Big props to these guys for the work they do.

Without question a sad incident especially for the young students who had their lives before them. I didn't realize they were using volunteer divers on this rescue attempt.

Back
Top Bottom