Dry suit diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon J Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Guys

Just Wondering what type of dry suit people prefer?

I'm looking to buy one but having not had a huge amount of experience diving in them, I'm a little lost.

Not looking to spend a fortune, maybe around £600 GBP or so.

Simon

Hi Guys

Just Wondering what type of dry suit people prefer?

I'm looking to buy one but having not had a huge amount of experience diving in them, I'm a little lost.

Not looking to spend a fortune, maybe around £600 GBP or so.

Simon

For your budget, I'd go with a seaskin. I prefer membrane, others prefer neoprene. Personal choice really. Dry Suits from Seaskin Custom Drysuits home page. The factory is based in leeds, they only do MTM, and with all the options I put on mine, it came out at a respectable £564. 2+ years and over 200 dives later, it's still dry, fits well, and i have no complaints. Will no doubt get another once this one gives up the ghost.

Another vote for Seaskin - mine has been fantastic. It is worth going to the factory if you can - they tell you how to measure yourself on their website, but they will do it for you if you visit the factory (therefore less chance of getting it wrong). There are loads of options you can have - few of their suits are identical.

Just been having a look around their website. I think they're exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks guys

Leaning towards a membrane suit, but thats only because thats all I've used up until now.....

I have one as well. Has been serving me right.
The only less positive aspect I've found with them is the feet size of the neoprene socks. Mine and of two other people I know are too small. And the tape they use inside is quite sticky, which also doesn't help when sliding the feet in.

I have one as well. Has been serving me right.
The only less positive aspect I've found with them is the feet size of the neoprene socks. Mine and of two other people I know are too small. And the tape they use inside is quite sticky, which also doesn't help when sliding the feet in.

Order a slightly larger size and a light dusting of talc along the seam tape will eradicate the stickiness.

I agree though, for the money there's nothing to touch them in that market. However be aware that they're not truly telescopic and that can cause some people problems if they go down the route of technical diving and need to practice shut-downs.

On rivers recommendation I was planning to get one when I was in UK two weeks ago, ScubaPro membrane suit in a Glasgow dive shop was GBP1,000

Might be back in UK later this year and was planning to travel to Leeds and have them measure me up in order to avoid errors.

Also, maybe worth checking O'three, sometimes they have some nice deals! Neoprene suits though, depends on people's preferences. But they are good, although don't go for the cheapest model, go for the compressed neoprene.

Back
Top Bottom