Music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bazzer69

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried listening to music whilst diving? Is there a headset that will not implode? I fancy a bit of pink Floyd as 10 fathoms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been discussed here before, and the answers will not be "pleasant". Although it seems a very interesting idea, situational awareness is is a key principal to diving safety. Distractions such as this do not serve you well....

Has anyone ever tried listening to music whilst diving? Is there a headset that will not implode? I fancy a bit of pink Floyd as 10 fathoms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One person's music is another person's noise. As long as I do not have to hear any of it, none of it I am okay. Ear buds might get driven into your brain but then maybe that can be good, not sure.

Why does everyone think they need a sound track to their life these days?

I might not mind the theme sound track to the original Jaws movie.

N

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict.

To each their own ... as long as your music doesn't impose itself on the divers around you, have at it. Personally I go underwater to get away from the artificial noises a lot of people seem to need in their lives. It's why I avoid places like Cozumel, where you can't go diving without having to put up with tank bangers and quackers from all the people who seem to need such devices. As much as I like listening to Pink Floyd, I have no desire to hear it while diving. If you can find a means to listen to it without having it broadcast through the water, then by all means enjoy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does listening to the voices in my head start singing count?

Bob
----------------------------------------
I think that advocating unsafe and dangerous practices is both stupid and foolish. That is why I don't tell people to do what I do. Dsix36

I guess if you really wanted you could just get a buddy phone from interspiro and use that, uses a transducer to conduct sound through your bone and certainly wouldn't care about depth. Not sure how you'd get music to it easily without a surface broadcaster, but it could be done. You could also build one similar to Aftershokz headphones and get real creative witha microsd card for music or something. That is really the only way to effectively transmit sound underwater though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom