That glorious feeling!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When you try on the new dry suit that you bought from someone off scubaboard two months ago and…

IT FITS PERFECT!

I put it on and was checking the seal, thinking maybe they needed trimmed, so what did I do? I walked out the door in rhen100F heat, jumped in the car and drove over to the LDS. I walked in and the lady waiting there smiled, then did a double take and said "you're in a dry suit", I said "yeah"... Then the owner pops his head out and says the same thing.

They say, don't you want to get outta that thing in this heat? And I say, "yeah, but check these seals will ya? " and my real purpose besides that was to buy some zipper wax and find out how to wax the zipper before I packed it up for the trip to Cali (pool dive tomorrow and checkouts off the boat Friday for my dry suit card)..

He he said the neck will loosen up a little in the cold water, and I hadn't passed out standing there, wrists he said might be "just" on the tight side, but check after the pool session.

Then of course can an hour of shooting the bull, being late for supper, scolded by my daughter for leaving, etc..

but hey, like the LDS owner said "the zipper is worth more than I paid, and IT FITS! "

Darn tootin!

Yes, a well fitting drysuit is a glorious feeling. I've owned several, and still my favorite was a DUI TLS350 that fit like my favorite pair of jeans. With a drysuit, fit is absolutely the most important consideration.

And yes, if those seals are latex they will most certainly loosen up with use ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Any purchase of a used item that works out that well is a wonderful thing, but especially so with a dry suit. Congratulations! :)

Been a busy week, dove 3 times at Catalina last week (Goat Harbor, Bird Rock, Little Geiger)... dry suit was awesome, first dive a lot of skills work, but second dive at Bird Rock was great, buoyancy control a lot better... was hovering over the big rocks at the drop off just outside the kelp and from the other side shoots up a harbor seal carrying a small octopus in his mouth... gave me the 'forget it buddy, not sharing' look and cruised off...

Too bad it's such a short trip, and not a few days to dive this wonderful place, really beautiful and definitely different than warm water Asia diving.

Oh, what a great place you chose to enjoy your new suit! The diving off Southern California can be stunning, particularly if the visibility is good. Bird Rock has some great topography, as well as an abundance of interesting marine life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom