fin shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our puppy was displeased with us as we were packing for a recent dive trip and chewed up one of my wife's fins. I've been shopping around and reading reviews for a new set.

Here's what I'm looking for:
For use on recreational dives
Paddle Fin
She wears hard sole boots so a larger foot pocket is a must without needing to jump two sizes.
She generally flutter kicks or frog kicks
Comfort in the water and ease of finning are more important than being able to generate a lot of propulsion.

I've been looking at the Hollis F2 for her. Any thoughts?

Oh darn! Just a ruined fin. I was so looking forward to another "discussion" on the virtues of paddle vs splits fins.

the foot pocket on her old fins were a little small. That dam puppy is forcing her to upgrade and gives me an excuse to buy scuba gear.

Cheng loves her Dive Rite EXP fins ... which she can use with her drysuit rock boots. She's a woman's size 8 and the size M fins fit her nicely. And they're lightweight enough for travel.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The Hollis F2's are heavier than the OMS Slipstreams, but they work the same. Very rigid and Jet fin like.
I didn't get a chance to try them out though, because my buddy/the owner had bigger feet than me.

Get her another pair of identical brand. So she has one spare fin.

And the puppy gets to keep his chew toy.

the foot pocket on her old fins were a little small. That dam puppy is forcing her to upgrade and gives me an excuse to buy scuba gear.

Bind her feet. Or, just let them get bigger and they become fins. Or maybe even flippers.

Excuses to buy SCUBA gear only apply to the purchaser themselves.
One has to buy fins for the husband/wife, One needs to buy fins for themselves.

Unless you need a really heavy fin for trimming out with a drysuit (or whatever reason), my recommendations are the Dive Rite XT or the Mares Avanti Quattros.

Back
Top Bottom