1996 Zeagle Scout BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle Eagle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I purchased a 1996 Zeagle Scout BC on eBay. I noticed that it does not have a cummerbund. I have researched and googled the topic and cannot find out if that particular BC was made to have one attached and I just didn't get it with the purchase or it did not come with one at all. Any thoughts out there?

The Scout is a simple, uncluttered weight-integrated BC with ballast
200203GR2_15_zeagle.jpg

They do now but back then it was either an option or not offered.

Here's a review from 2002 - Gear / Accessories | Scuba Diving

Otherwise, the Scout is a comfortable BC with a thick lumbar pad, wide shoulder straps and a waist strap instead of a cummerbund.

Thanks guys, especially for the quick answer. It's for my skinny little 15 year old. I was worried that someone had sold me a BC with missing parts. My 10 year old just got PADI Junior OW this week and we are all anxious to do some more diving.

I would be concerned about an 18 year old BCD still holds air. Be sure to have it serviced by a Zeagle repair facility prior to use.

That's a good point - there were a lot of older Zeagle BC's with problems with the plastic mount where the inflator screws on the wing - that either crumbled or completely failed.

Not really related to anything but age - and pressure on it from the inflator hose pull dump - if it has one.

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out carefully. It does have one inflator hose pull dump and one bottom mounted dump valve. Is the pull hose valve connected via a steel cable?
I rarely ever use the inflator hose pull dump valve on any BC as I was always a little afraid that I would damage it.

The cable loop is attached to a small pin that goes across the center of the inflator fitting itself. The hose captures the pin and you put the cable ties over it to secure both.

Here's the inflator/cable assembly - the loop is at the right:

Capture.JPG

I rarely use mine because I forget it's there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom