How do I calculate my residual nitrogen time using an ERDP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolflegresley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So my wife and I learned how to fill out our logbook by using the RDPs themselves so we could always fill out the RNT block on the dive profile.

We recently bought an ERDP (ML) which is perfect at nailing the pressure group but it dosen't give us our RNT. Is there a way to calculate that via the ERDP? or must we do the tables manually to calculate the RNT?

Thanks! Practice makes perfect!

I haven't tried it, but i suspect you can use the ERDP to get your allowable dive time, and then do it again assuming it is the first dive. The difference should be the RNT.

The only reason you need to know your RNT is so that you can complete the table calculations. The RNT step is included in the eRDP calculations, so if you are using it, you don't need to know it.

The only reason to know RNT is if you getting ready to make a dive after a short SI. Filling that info in a logbook is just wasted effort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom