Peeing in a geoprene wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimmyRott

New
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm considering buying a geoprene wetsuit. However, I almost always do two dives a day when diving and in my experience most dive boats have no toilets on board. This leaves me with no other option but to sometimes pee in my wetsuit. I read that geoprene is 98% impermeable and I am slightly worried that the piss wont flush out of the wetsuit. Has anyone got experience with this?

I tried googling but there was very little info available.

Does the material it's made of matter? I was under the impression the water flowing through a wetsuit was just flowing through the neck/wrist/ankle openings.

What is geoprene?

Regardless, is you need to pee, just do it. Then grab the fron tof the neck-seal and pull away several times. This will cause waves of water to push through the suit and flush it out the ankles.

if you are really concerned about it, you can put a P-valve on your wetsuit, or like some of us do, put a condom cath on and run a tube down one of your legs so it goes out below your ankle, just remember to prime before you get in the water. I don't like taking a leak in my wetsuit so that's my solution if I know I'm going to be in my suit for long enough that holding it isn't an option. Dehydrating is the worst thing you can do to yourself. Sink the Stink works well for getting the odor out after you're done.

I have a hose that I stick down my leg (NOT attached--anymore...). Helps it flow out quicker. Hose must be not too flexible as to be "squashed" by the wetsuit, but not too stiff to be unwieldy & uncomfortable.

Some guys pour warm water into their suits before a dive to help keep warm. Just sayin ...

What is geoprene?

Regardless, is you need to pee, just do it. Then grab the fron tof the neck-seal and pull away several times. This will cause waves of water to push through the suit and flush it out the ankles.

What he said... ^^^^

I just clicked on the link to find out what Geoprene was...

Just pee in it - if you are properly hydrated there's very little in it besides water anyway.

From reading the link above, assuming it is accurate, it seems like the geoprene would absorb LESS pee than traditional neoprene currently does:

"

1. 98% Water Impermeable – Geoprene, which is made from limestone, is 98% water impermeable! This is a huge improvement over petroleum-based neoprene which is only 65% water impermeable.
  2. Low Water Absorption – Normal wetsuits absorb significantly more water than those made with Geoprene. If you jump in the water with an old neoprene wetsuit, when you get out you’ll notice that the suit is much heavier. This is because of all the water that it absorbs. Geoprene suits absorb almost no water at all and will be noticeably lighter after getting out of the water. "

Back
Top Bottom