Sending PADI certification forms late?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I sent my PADI basic diver certification forms about 1 1/2 years ago. To my surprise, they were delivered back to me via USPS, since the "postage was not paid." Interestingly enough, I OVERPAID for postage (placed 2 stamps instead of the required 1).
It has been about 2 years since I successfully completed the course. I now have my papers, signed by my instructor, picture attached, etc. Will PADI still honor the forms, 2 years after completion of the course? Or am I out of luck?

I'm having a but of trouble following.
Are you saying that 1 1/2 years ago you sent in your application for your C-card and it is just now being returned to you? Or are you just now ready to send it back?
If it was sent back for postage why wait 1 1/2 years?
It should have already been signed by the instructor and have a picture attached.

Out of luck? Hey, what's postage now .50? Send it in and see.

PADI honored one of my cards (AOW) after a lot longer period. I wouldn't think it's a problem.

Why are you sending it in? Every instructor I have known mails (or emails now) in all the forms and the card is then mailed to the instructor to deliver to the student.

Why are you sending it in? Every instructor I have known mails (or emails now) in all the forms and the card is then mailed to the instructor to deliver to the student.

There are all kinds of options for that.

I did my OW, AOW, and Nitrox certifications in Mexico and the Caribbean, and we were all told to take our stuff home and mail it in ourselves. They said there was no telling if or when it would get in otherwise. When I was in Belize once, some friends with us sent postcards to friends. The first one to get somebody took three months. Others never got there.

Good point, I didn't consider a vacation cert would fall into that type of need.

I took the course at a local university. The instructor mentioned that he was leaving for vacation and would not be able to mail them for us until he returned. Most of the class left their forms with him, but a few of us decided to do it ourselves.

PADI honored one of my cards (AOW) after a lot longer period. I wouldn't think it's a problem.

That's great to hear! I'll send it in tomorrow.

I'm having a but of trouble following.
Are you saying that 1 1/2 years ago you sent in your application for your C-card and it is just now being returned to you? Or are you just now ready to send it back?
If it was sent back for postage why wait 1 1/2 years?
It should have already been signed by the instructor and have a picture attached.

Out of luck? Hey, what's postage now .50? Send it in and see.

I mailed it out 1 1/2 years ago, and just got it back yesterday. I have no idea why it took so long. I was on a diving hiatus and completely forgot about the card, and the fact that it had not yet arrived. I'll drop it in the post tomorrow.

I mailed it out 1 1/2 years ago, and just got it back yesterday. I have no idea why it took so long. I was on a diving hiatus and completely forgot about the card, and the fact that it had not yet arrived. I'll drop it in the post tomorrow.

I am very sorry to say that I have too many post office stories of my own to find that surprising. Make sure you include a letter with an explanation. I am sure there will be no problem.

Include the original mailing envelope that shows all the canceled postage. That would certainly help.

Not everywhere has access to reliable internet or PIC online.

Card can be delivered to the instructor, the dive centre or the student. It's a ticked box.

We still use some paper PICs when the internet is unreliable and give it to the student to post when they get back to a country with a working postal system that wont steal the paperwork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom