New Diving Club - Northshore Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StaceyL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone - my husband and I are looking to form a local diving club in the Mandeville, Louisiana area. This would be an informal club that would meet to make new friends, exchange knowledge and stories and plan diving trips together. Would anyone be interested in such a club? We'd love to make new diving friends!

Stacey

We'll be snowbirding Jan., Feb. & March on Dauphin I., Alabama. I know where Mandeville is and have dived L. Pontchartrain (that will be a one time thing....). If you know of any (deeper) shore dives in the area I would be interested in buddying up. As well, I would be interested in boat diving & sharing gas if anyone has a boat.

We just did a dive this past weekend out in Destin, FL - 8 miles offshore, 90' reef and a wreck. Very nice dives. Lake Pontchartrain is a bit too murky for me (plus the bull sharks that have appeared this year) We usually like to head out to the Florida panhandle, but would be interested in any suggestions of diving spots off of the Mississippi coast. We'd also like to get a trip together to the Flower Gardens.

Mark Miller ("Primofish") runs a private charter our of Gautier (at least he did in 2012). He can take you to wrecks off the Miss. & Ala. coasts. A bit expensive and you pay the gas (or share with others), so that can get pricey too since you have to get out of Miss. Sound first. No shore diving worth anything in Miss. or East to Mobile Bay, until you hit Gulf Shores, AL and East of there.

Hi all: We don't live in the Mandeville area, but we are only a couple hrs. away and enjoy making new dive buddies. We go to Key Largo several time a year and have a group of 11 going to Roatan in January. Would love to stay in touch and swap stories and plan dive trips.

No sane person dives Lake Pontchartrain except maybe to (try to) recover what they lost overboard sailing (bad diving lake, good sailing lake).

I'm south shore, do occasional panhandle dives (pcola on Sunday). Or very occasionally, out at the Flower Gardens.

Has there been any movement on this idea? I just purchased gear, waiting for it to arrive and then need to get it wet. I have no dive partners and would love to split up the driving and cost of driving to FL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom