Drinking water while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not impossible... I used to occasionally bring a collapsible platypus bag in my bcd pocket and drank from it.

People used to use camelbak containers to bring fluids with them diving. I know you can drink from a rigid container with a little practice. Bring a glass bottle of liquid underwater, turn it so the mouth is facing down, take the cap off of it, while keeping the mouth of the bottle facing down put it to your mouth, blow a little air in the bottle and drink the liquid which comes out. Essentially, the air you blow into the bottle will float up (to the bottom of the bottle because you have it inverted) and push the liquid out the bottom. It is similar to how you clear your mask.

Warning, if you don't know what you are doing this is a great way to choke and possibly drown.

It's possible. Think there is more than one way. I never had to do it. Water before & after the dive is OK for me.

I know people with diabetes who always take a drink with them in case of hypoglycaemia.

Mmm, caprisuns.

I love the CapriSuns. As long as I am the lead diver in the caves in Fla or at the quarry, too many friends with pee valves, I'll swish with some water to decrease the cotton mouth during long dives.

Caprisuns are quite tasty, especially on long deco stops!!

Drinking? Yes. Eating? Yes. Pizza, bananas, easter eggs, juice... Bananas are conveniently packaged and easy to eat. Microwave pizzas do float. You need to swallow before inhaling (this may be an unpleasant surprise!) as you can't breathe through the nose so don't take too big bites.

Drinking at 6 min 30 sec:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZbA-UCwcQ&list=PL449F0F62D87F2926&index=15

Some people use Camelbags I've heard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom