Pro ear 2000 mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

s.t.g

New
Reaction score
Anyone in new zealand know a retailer that stocks these masks? Would prefer to try one on and chat with someone that knows abit about these masks. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers

I don't know anything about this mask but I did have trouble equalizing for a bit. I believe a suffered some extreme pain to my right ear on one of the dives. I was trying to equalize to quickly trying to go down to catch up with everyone who was with us. That was not smart. I remember I tried to go out the following weekend but I was still having problems. I rested my ears for about 3 to 4 weeks. I went out again this time I took my sweet time. I was very relaxed and went down very slowly. I told my dive buddy to be ready for a super slow drop down. I also took extra care to make sure that I did small short nose squeeze or puffs all the way down. It worked like a charm for me! It was a good method , as I was dropping I was happy that my ears did not hurt and when I took I look at my gauge I was at 80 feet. This was something that was bothering me for a while until I realized what I was doing wrong, and made this correction. My ears are not so sensitive to diving any more and feel that by slowing down my descent, relaxing and doing small little puffs( frequent gentle nose squeezes) the whole way down, in my case it worked great. Everyone is different those that dive with us can equalize without doing what I do but that's them. If I want to dive I need to be comfortable and I'm not embarrassed if it takes me longer to reach the bottom. One of the reasons I believe one of ears gave me trouble is because I blew my ear drum out a few years ago. It was so bad I was recommended to have surgery to restore my ear drum. A few doctors did say I could let nature take its course but they were not giving much hope that it would heal properly. God is great and miracles can happen my ear drum healed perfectly and the doctors were amazed! I couldn't do anything like diving, even going down 8 to 10 feet in a pool was to painful. I felt my ear drum would pop out again. It even hurt when I went surfing (duck diving). It was hard for a while. But the human body is amazing. It can adapt. I was able to slowly strengthen this ear drum by slowly introducing it to the water again. I was always building confidence and eventually doing things like going surfing and to the pool did not hurt any more. Only when I went into diving did I regress and had a minor set back. My ear felt like it was a bit sensitive. So I had to take a short break and slow things down.

I am sorry I couldn't help you with the mask info, but I had to share this with you because I am really happy I found something that works for me perhaps it will work for you. There also a lot of other divers that can chime in and give their tips on what works for them. Everyone who has sensitive ears can benefit from info on what to try. The more info you can get the more things you can try. Eventually one method will be just right for you, but the most important one is to relax, and go down super slow while you are equalizing. I also forgot to mention that I have to wear a hood. I don't know exactly why but if I don't my ears freak out !!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Main reason i was considering this mask is because due to a recent surgery, i need to keep ears dry and i definatly dont want to give up diving. Thanks tajkd judging by yours and other peoples experiences this could be a way for me to continue diving

I have been using this mask for a couple of years and it has changed my way of diving after suffering from ear infections (bacterial and fungal) on various dive trips that ended up in disaster (1 trip to Philippines, 1 trip to Sipadan and 1 trip to Aqaba)

I also make up my own "ear beer" and have a pre-dive treatment with Earol just to be sure.

The mask works like any other as there is tubing between the mask and the ear covers, you equalise as normal.

No issues with fogging … Johnson's Baby Shampoo from the start on a brand new mask.

Some more solid dives with the mask and I still recommend it. It has saved my diving. I'm now once again considering a live-aboard trip!

I'm now once again considering a live-aboard trip!

As probably the only other person in the world to whom this is important... I'm glad to hear it!

image124.jpg

As probably the only other person in the world to whom this is important... I'm glad to hear it!

image124.jpg

I can hear that statement in a New Joisey accent :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom