Uni Survey on Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trigger320

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys & Girls

I hope this is allowed and in the right area, sorry if its not.

I was hoping I might be able to ask your help. I am doing a survey for my paper which looks at Scuba Divers, why they dive, what they want to discover and the social interaction. I have created a simple survey with Survey Monkeys.

Please take a few minutes to complete.

https://surveymonkey.com/s/MQ29L3X

I thank you for your time and help

John

It's too long

You do not take into account solo divers traveling on their own

Hi Searcaigh

Thank you for your feedback. This is what I am after. Your right I did tend to focus on Divers traveling with Buddy's or Partners. So you feel that solo Divers need more? The Dive clubs don't provide the interaction? Did you mention this in on the survey?

I'm also sorry you felt it was too long, it does only take a few minutes, but I am trying to gather peoples thoughts so it is up to the individual.

Thanks again for your feedback

John

I filled out your entire survey, but I didn't want to give you my e-mail address. I get enough spam as it is.

Hi TSandM

No problem, I understand. Its a way of using it as verification that the survey has been filled out by an individual. If you leave an e-mail that's great if not leave a series of words.

Thanks
John

Some of the questions should have check-boxes instead of radio-buttons (multi select instead of single select), like question 6, 9, 18, 20 and 21.
Also #22 why not just specify the currency as USD, Euro or something, saving you the workload of converting the currency when you analyze the data.
I also agree with Searcaigh, it feels to long. Maybe having fewer question on each page and having more pages to make survey feel shorter.

Last edited:

Problem with solo travelling divers and another question is when you fill in "other" it still says that you must check one of the boxes. I did this just so it would let me proceed to the next page. It doesn't accept "other" as an answer.

Couple of problems - the survey assumes diving abroad has to be a holiday - I travel for work - on my own, but belong to several (four) different dives clubs in different places so I can always dive after work in the evenings and weekends when away for work. So I travel abroad 12 or 13 times a year, I always dive when abroad, but none of these are dive holidays or booked as such.

Equally none of your options for the order of dive buddies worked for me, and neither did your question about how I research dive holidays and travel etc. Also one question was missing a tick box for 'other', but had the text field, so in order to move on I had to select a wrong option and type real answer below.

One Question also only gave option of liveaboard or dive resort for where I went abroad - no option to say I went to the local dive club which is neither live aboard or in a resort.

Other than that good luck :D

P

Back
Top Bottom