Air II on non scubapro BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, i am a new diver and i was wondering if you could use the Scubapro air 2 on a non scuba pro bc and if i would needs any special connectors/adaptors. My current setup is; reg: Mk25/A700, BC; sherwood shadow bc. Thanks

you can, just has to have the same size inflator hose. Not sure which diameter hose it's set up for or if it has diameter adapters like the Atomic version. worst case the elbows are pretty universal so it can be adapted.

yeah,

readily swappable. I do it all the time. make sure when you swap them over you install the safety retainer wire. its a pin type connection....just in case the clamp fails.

also make sure to change out the inflator hose, the air2 uses a different connecting hose sometimes.

I had an AIR II on a Seaquest Balance. I even had one on my DiveRite Classic doubles wing, although some would class this as blashpemous.

Yeah, my buddy put his on a BP/W, so it's probably limited by your sense of whats proper.

Bob

Dove with a guide on Curacao who had a long hose, necklaced octo, AND an Air II on his BP/W...

I had an AIR II on a Seaquest Balance. I even had one on my DiveRite Classic doubles wing, although some would class this as blashpemous.
Standard equipment albeit different brand for "Evolution" and "Inspiration".

---------- Post added September 15th, 2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

Dove with a guide on Curacao who had a long hose, necklaced octo, AND an Air II on his BP/W...
As long as he does not call himself DIR!!

I've mixed and matched integrated inflator/octos on a handful of BCs/wings. There is some standardization of the shoulder port sizes - so you may just be able to screw the whole corrugated hose/Air2 (if that's what you've got) to your Sherwood BC at the shoulder port. Otherwise, you'll have to take just the Air2 valve and attach it to the end of your Sherwood corrugated hose (assuming the corrugated hose is the right diameter - those seem fairly standardized but perhaps not 100%), which requires dealing with the cross-pin and cable attachment that enables the shoulder dump to work. When taking that route, I've had good luck just re-cable tying the hose to the valve, but I notice that the manufacturer's often seem to use some sealant there, probably something like weatherstrip adhesive.

I have the Air 2 on all three of my wings as well as my SP bcd. I also use a necklaced second and a primary second state on a 48 inch hose. I use the air 2 because I like the feel and response of the buttons

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom