Petition to get United Airlines to stop carrying shark fins ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is a petition to get United Airlines to stop transporting shark fins, below is how the petition reads & a link to sign it...thankx!

"The shark fin trade is destroying shark populations world wide. Millions of shark fins come from unreported, unregulated or illegal fisheries, and many legal fisheries for shark fin contribute to the problem. United Airlines should demonstrate environmental stewardship in the USA by joining 24 other airlines to stop carrying shark fin as cargo."MoveOn Petitions - United Airlines- Stop Carriage of Shark Fins

Done and forwarded the link to my friends.

Signed. We should also petition the carriers to stop transporting live Dolphins caught in Japan at the Cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. Wish I'd known that first. Now moveon.org has my contact info. Never thought I'd sign one of their petitions.

Maybe we should start one to ask United not to suck. I sure miss Continental.

Last edited:
Maybe we should start one to stop people from slandering before checking their facts. Why do people blindly pass these things along, especially on FB without bothering to do a little investigation.

This thread was from almost 3 months ago but the op just looked at one web site and failed to confirm it with others. Don't believe everything you read without checking facts. No sense it bashing, it was done with good intentions!

Maybe we should start one to stop people from slandering before checking their facts. Why do people blindly pass these things along, especially on FB without bothering to do a little investigation.

It was posted by some guy on an internet forum... how much more fact checking needs to be done? :confused:

For entertainment I sometimes check change.org to get a laugh. I usually don't have to click through many until I find some ignoramus and their ideas on how the dye in M&Ms cause ADHD, or gas prices are too low so the solution is to add more taxes.

I used to believe somewhat in the idea behind these kinds of petitions, but now we have reached a point where every crackpot idea is passed along as a new epiphany.

Back
Top Bottom