Diver tag (DAN Tag equivalent)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdhenry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
When I was doing my OW dives in Florida I noticed that my instructor was wearing a tag on his BCD that had his name, DAN ID number and the toll-free DAN assistance number printed on it. I thought this was a great idea and determined to obtain one through the DAN website. A little more research and I've learned that DAN no longer has a contract with the company making the tags and apparently there were delivery problems toward the end.

So does anyone have a link to a source for a similar tag? Apparently it's not possible to get a DAN-licensed one currently.

A number of dive buddies I know will go to an army surplus store and get dog tags made for this purpose. In addition they get any allergies and health alerts printed on them as well as ICE contact information. IIRC you can print up to 5 lines of text on them. Cost is rather cheap too....less than 20 bucks for a set of 2 depending on the shop.

Several of us just use a permanent marked on the back of our wrist slates with name, blood type, NOK, phone #, allergies, medications, medical complications (HTN for hypertension), etc.

Google "dog tags". You can get two tags with the same or different text for about $8.00. That's what's on our BCs and Pelican boxes.

http://www.mydogtag.com/

Many other similar sites ...

Last edited:
Metal tags | Brass Tags | Steel Tags at tagplace.biz

Pick your poison. They have multiple shapes and colors of Aluminum tags that you can laser custom etch or stamp.
I personally have a laminated paper sheet with Permanent info printed on it and changing info written on in sharpie.
Name, DOB, Allergy, Blood Type, Emergency Contact, DAN #, Medical #, etc etc.

I keep that in my dive bag on the boat.

When I was doing my OW dives in Florida I noticed that my instructor was wearing a tag on his BCD that had his name, DAN ID number and the toll-free DAN assistance number printed on it. I thought this was a great idea and determined to obtain one through the DAN website. A little more research and I've learned that DAN no longer has a contract with the company making the tags and apparently there were delivery problems toward the end.

So does anyone have a link to a source for a similar tag? Apparently it's not possible to get a DAN-licensed one currently.
I still received one after renewing my insurance this year with DAN Asia Pacific. The info(toll free numbers) probably means nothing to you in USA.

Give this a try: Scuba Diver Tag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom