Allergy to Mixed Dialkyl Thiourea. Options?? Dive skin? Wetsuit without it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coolaneasy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys
So I tested positive to the agent Mixed Dialkyl Thiourea. My current wetsuit solafx definitely has it as I'm getting rashes from it.
Question is will wearing a lycra diveskin underneath the wetsuit help me?
Doesn't look like wetsuit companies specify if their stuff contains the chemical or not. Does anyone know of wetsuits that don't have Mixed Dialkyl Thiourea?
Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Chetan

Ha! Did a quick google search and found that Mixed Dialkyl Thiourea was named "Allergen of the Year 2009" Ha!

This also came up on another diver's discussion board (message dated 2010):
"...you can look into a wetsuit made without neoprene such as a Thermocline Neoprene Free wetsuit by Fourth Element."

I try to learn something new everyday. Thanks for helping me today. :)

Lidja

Yes indeed neoprene(probably owing to Thiourea) was named allergen of 2009. Since I dive in the cold SoCal waters Thermocline wont be useful to me otherwise that would have been a good bet. As of now I'm messaging the various vendors to see if their wetsuits lack that agent.

Yes indeed neoprene(probably owing to Thiourea) was named allergen of 2009. Since I dive in the cold SoCal waters Thermocline wont be useful to me otherwise that would have been a good bet. As of now I'm messaging the various vendors to see if their wetsuits lack that agent.

If you are diving in SoCal, then just get a drysuit.

A trilaminate drysuit with latex- or silicone seals is a good option (unless you want rubber of course). Si-tech makes a nice and easily replaceable neck seal... Easy maintenance...

If you are diving [-]in SoCal[/-], then just get a drysuit.

Fixed it for you!

RJP.jpg

WarmDry.jpg

Sting_RAY_City.jpg

Carib_112113_033.jpg

Regards,

Ray Purkis

Honestly the things that keep from drysuit diving is
1. the expense
2. its so not common to see and like typical human behavior I'm psychologically following sheep mentality lol
I do super hate cold too. I don't see many reasons I shouldn't drysuit dive. Maybe I'll talk to my lds.
Thanks for the many suggestions guys.
@Rj. cool pics bro

Contact www.WietWear.com and ask them. They know all sorts of odd stuff. Best suits I've ever bought, too.

Oh I got all excited to check out the link but it doesn't open for me. You sure that's the proper link?

---------- Post added September 26th, 2014 at 01:50 PM ----------

Or did you mean wetwear.com??

Back
Top Bottom