BCD: tall man with long torso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmitop

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I am finaly going to get my own set of equipment since I will do my divemaster in January.
My problem is this:
I am tall (6'5") and have an exceptionally long torso and short legs.
I normally wear a size "L" rental BCD which ends up sitting very high on my body with a tendency to slide even higher.
On the surface this makes it somewhat annoying for me to "stay on my back"; underwater normally not much isdue.
Is there any BCD out there especially suited for my bodytype?
I live in SE Asia and frequently travel on airlines with low weight limits, so low weight would be appreciated.

Thx

that about sums it up..

+1 for DSS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anything with a crotch strap will help, there used to be XL-Tall version of the transpac but it has since been discontinued, you might be able to find one used. If not, the DSS plates are the best of the bunch.

I have an aqualung dimension. I have long torso and the straps are perfect. It is also back inflate.

Thanks everybody. I was aware of the old transpac (which would have been nice as Diverite is available around here) but that is not an option anymore. Will have a look at the other options mentioned although I have never seen DSS around here.

plenty of wings can be put on the backplates. i am the same length. and a longer backplate is even better. webbing is easy and you can do it yourself. plenty if info about it. have a look at halcyon, golem gear, dtd e.o. for wings. should even be enough second hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom