Drysuit Diving - Where do you get cold first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaTrent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just started by drysuit diving and I am getting used to what undergarments I need to use. I was wondering where you get cold first(Where you would need to add more layers).

I did my first dive yesterday in 55 degree water, and I got cold on my sides first, so I will need to have more layers(or heavier ones) there.

Trent

Usually my feet depending on how active I am (besides obviously around your mouth). Other then that my forearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hands. I do a lot of dives where nothing else gets cold at all.

What drysuit have you purchased Trent??

---------- Post added October 12th, 2014 at 10:54 PM ----------

Which drysuit**

Hands and feet for sure.

My hands normally get cold first. If I'm doing little to generate heat, everything gets chilled.
Yesterday I spent 3 hours in a 43F cave. After carrying gear through one dry section and exploring another, every time we geared back up I started getting cold until we started moving.

Hi Trent I don't have an answer for your question, but I was just wondering if anyone has a source for second stage orifice seats.

Was feet, so I now use better socks. Then it became the hands so started using dry gloves. Then started noticing the legs so I added another layer. We're doing a lot more scootering and noticed an over all torso chill setting in so now just wear my very cold water undergarments for all dives.

I think the trend here is, in a dry suit you should never get chilled or uncomfortable. If it happens, assess and make the thermal adjustment.

Usually my hands and head. Head is a given as you're wearing a neoprene hood, with me my hands get cold simply because I cannot seem to wear dry gloves. Never understood why, I just don't like the feel of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom