Whats my diver number?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Having been a OW diver for 9 years (recreational warm water holiday diver), I finally did my AOW and a DUP specialty dive recently. My new PADI card has come through and it appears that my Diver Number has changed? From memory, my diver number was a 6 or 7 figure number, but now it appears in a format similar to 1234AB5678. Is this correct?

There is also another number in the 123 456789 format. Just seems odd that my diver number changes every time I do something that gives an additional certificate/card.

Is this correct? Reason I ask is that I have a stamp for when I buddy with someone, which has my number on, so if it is right, then I guess a new one is required with my new diver number. Wondered if anyone could advise.

TIA

Yup, that's just the way it is. The certification number is specific to the certification.

The only time the certification number stays the same regardless of the certification is when you become a professional.

Your number will be different for every PADI certification you complete; only once you become a PADI Dive Master (PADI Pro) is when PADI will give you a permanent number to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom