Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockystock1

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a stupid question wrong today in my exam, now I've got a dirty 80% in my log book.. Well pissed off :(

Rocky

The important thing is,.... Did you learn from the mistake? & better understand the reasoning behind the answer? No question (... incorrect maybe,...) or mistake is stupid, unless you don't learn from it. Sometimes things are not as intuitive as we might think they ought to be.

Reactions: RJP
Just didn't look at the question properly mixed volume up with density..

Rocky

---------- Post added October 18th, 2014 at 09:31 PM ----------

<<<< idiot lol

Rocky

something that always comes up in courses teaching divers to be dive instructors is to tell them to RTFQ - Read The Fxxxxing Question, it'll always catch people out.

I have also found that many, if not most exams contain stupid questions. Some offer the choice of wrong answers. If the student actually gets it right then they get credit for it. I don't abide by answer keys when they are wrong.

something that always comes up in courses teaching divers to be dive instructors is to tell them to RTFQ - Read The Fxxxxing Question, it'll always catch people out.

Funnily enough that is exactly what my instructor said..

Rocky

---------- Post added October 18th, 2014 at 10:12 PM ----------

On a good point, we did spend the 2nd part of our pool session Learning perfect backflips with a twist whilst hovering, wall running, head stands, and front flip.. Cheerd me up a little :)

Rocky

Thank you akimbo, I just strive to be top of the class. And I hate the fact it's written permanently in my log book..

Rocky

No worries, that page of your logbook will become irrelevant faster than that newspaper your fish and chips are wrapped in.

One of the best diving supervisors I ever knew, who was also the youngest US Navy Master Diver at one time, sucked at tests but was the guy at the top of my list to keep me alive. Keep your eye on what is really important.

Most folks get a few wrong based on misreading the question. Don't sweat it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom