What ever happened to Beuchat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I remember back in time seeing various items of Beuchat gear at certain LDS's. There was one close to me that had Their regs. I know they were big into freedive gear and spearguns, etc. and also regs and bc's.
I don't ever see anything around from that company anymore. What happened to them?

My LDS carries Beuchat. I just bought a pair of Beuchat Mundial free diving fins. Maybe they aren't the most popular, but they are still around and they make very nice foot pockets.

Around here, the stuff you find in the freediving department of the LDSs is usually braded Beauchat.

I guess your region's LDSs just have quit stocking that brand for some reason.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Very much so still around, in terms of a worldwide base, the US? Not as much.

They seem to have resorted to primarily direct sales in North America via the internet, something which many manufacturers will likely follow along. This model will cause LDS to drop them like Ebola. It's really where things are headed.

Homepage | SpearoTek

There's even a "clearance" section. Their product is such that the divers who want it? They will come direct via the net, an LDS means very little to this audience. Big in Europe, not finding that same volumes of niche customer in the States. Not much different than high-end bicycles or semi-custom pistols, at least here in the USA.

I have some Beuchat long blade (think 56 Cadillac) fins and use them for SCUBA. They cause derisive comments which I pass off to covetousness and the fact that "their" chicks dig my flippers, that kind of stuff.

Beuchat has always been very responsive to me as an end-user, even with some of the dumbest things. Years ago, I asked them to quickly replace and ship One (1) full pocket long blade fin to me in Viet Nam. I had a pair (at no charge) within the week. I have used their regs, but in the US, you have to consider parts access, tougher than Poseidon. (Hammer work under Warranty by authorized reps is a red herring, so get over that for any manufacturer, will ya?)

Good products.

The dive shop we are using in Carriacou (in 7 weeks!!!!) uses Beuchat exclusively. Maybe the fact they are French Canadian has something to do with it?

AAA scuba in alameda carries beuchat and I have seen the freediving fins at Diver Dan's in Santa Clara also. Seems they have a niche on freediving gear at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom