badvertising ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
What has gone wrong with our diving publications?

First it was Dive Training ... featuring an article on underwater navigation with this picture ...

Bad Dive Training.jpg

... now it's Alert Diver ... promoting safe diving practices with this picture ...

Bad Alert Diver.jpg

What's up with that? Is someone running a special sale on irony?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

the marketing idiots have taken over?

Thank God they had their snorkels for a boat dive !!

Sorry I don't get it? they forgot their gloves?

Then there was the recent cover of Dive Training with the diver lying on the reef to take a picture...

Let me guess: in the first they're standing on the ground which is a no no by GUE? And in the second they're jumping in holding hands instead of hands on mask and reg?

Hatul ... I don't know of any agency that promotes walking on the bottom ... if you want to go for a stroll, stay on shore.

And every agency trains its OW students to hold onto their mask and reg while giant striding off a boat. If you want to know why, try doing like the people in the picture sometime.

If these magazines are truly interested in promoting "safe diving", they need to set better examples ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom