Are all pressure gauge's the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shazam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm ordering a pressure gauge and want to know if anyone can recommend a particular brand/model. Or are there any I should stay away from?

I notice there's a few labelled Scubapro which have a Uwatec logo on it... I'm assuming it's the same manufacturer?

I'm happy to pay more for a quality unit but not sure which brand/model to get. It will be mostly used for rec diving and would like to get into tec in the future... though not sure if there's any difference and I can future proof? I want something small and compact for travel.

Can anyone please recommend a model from this line up:
Instruments-computers Pressure gauges . Scubastore.com, buy, offers

I haven't looked recently. Have the SPGs switched over to direct-drive Helicoids over traditional Bourdon C-tubes? I have an old Oceanic in a plastic housing that is Helicoid. Helicoids are much more shock resist and tend to hold their precision better because the tube is a great deal longer and there are no small gears.

Attachments

• Helicoid SPG.jpg
    Helicoid SPG.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
To the OP, yes they are all basically the same, HOG, Hollis, Dive Rite, Halcyon, Scubapro, you name it, all coming out of the Termo Industria factory. For that matter so do most of the analog depth gauges and almost all of the floaty wrist/console compasses

Termo's are still Bourdon tube.
Here's a video of one with a clear face plate courtesy of Dive Gear Express
[video=youtube;gs-4dta_w-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs-4dta_w-Y[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom