Need a place for rescue diver cert within 1 day drive of Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopusprime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for an instructor that I can do my rescue diver with... With in 8hr drive of Chicago. My instructor had surgery and did not finish rescue. I want to start rescue over the winter but need to complete rescue.

Obvously, with Chicago weather no local shops are still teaching. I am willing to drive for a weekend if there is an instructor interested. Please no Florida or Mexico recommendations. It would have to be a weekend trip.

I already have first aid and CPR card. I started rescue already but understand I will have to redo skills and final.

Dris is not Padi, they are SSI. Not sure how the interchangeability is. I have a feeling I need to find an Independant instructor. I spoke to sea level, undersea scuba and the one other Independant and they all said no.

if I could find and instructor near mermet springs or similar scuba place I'm willing to drive

Last edited:
Check out Mermet Springs (PADI, SSI), Scuba World in Swansea, IL, and Bonne Terre Mine, near St Louis. Best of Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom