What's my US Divers DA Aqua-master worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's worth whatever someome is willing to pay. Maybe a little, maybe a lot. I bought mine for $50, but I've seen them for $300.

thanks for the reply!

Your pictures won't show up so I can't see what you have.

Condition is everything. A DA Auqamaster in excellent serviceable condition with new hoses, mouthpiece, mushroom valves, duckbill, all its chrome intact, no more than a few minor scratches an intact crown and a perfect label with no missing paint and in the proper configuration (correct mouthpiece, hose color, yoke knob, hose clamps, label with the correct addrress for the vintage, etc) for its age is worth around $400-$450 if you can find the right buyer.

Yours is probably worth that minus the cost of whatever parts it needs to be brought up to that condition minus a price reduction of around $100-150 for anything you can't readily fix like a case that is dented, badly scratched or has missing chrome.

A pair of reproduction hoses will run you around $75, a mouthpiece is another $40, a duckbill around $15, etc, so the value can fall off pretty steeply. Restoring a double hose reg in poor condition, much like restoring a vintage car or aircraft, can be very satisfying but is usually a long parts scrounging and money losing proposition and the resoration costs can easily exceed the ultimate value of value of the regulator. This is not helped by the E-bay situation where a real beater can still bring $150.

Thank you for all that info. I'm not sure why the pictures won't come up.

Thanks for your time!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom