EFR or RR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sophyoak

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
my name is Sofia and I'm new here so I hope I post this in the right place.

I am a PADI advanced open water diver, and I would like to do the PADI rescue diver course. However, where I am currently located, they only offer SSI React Right, not the PADI Emergency First Response. Is it possible for me to continue with PADI rescue diver, if I do the SSI RR or do I need the EFR course?

Thanks in advance
Sofia

A prerequisite for the PADI Rescue diver course is you are "trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years". It does not say it has to be the PADI course.

Here in the UK, first aid and CPR courses are common for many employees and the Health and Safety Executive have a register of approved first aid training providers. These include charitable organisations such as ROSPA and St. John's Ambulance as well as private training providers; PADI are one of the many providers on that list.

People who come to my local PADI dive school are able to skip the EFR if they have done a workplace first aid course. If SSI's course includes first aid and CPR, you should meet the requirements

It does appear the SSI React Right program meets the criteria. But to be certain, check with whoever will be providing the Rescue course. Since they cannot be expected to know all the programs available, be prepared to provide them the appropriate information, such as this link: SSI Scuba Schools International

You could check with PADI as well to be sure. St. John Ambulance course here in Canada is accepted. I think they're pretty flexible.

Back
Top Bottom