Sony Opens Underwater Store For Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VivaLaScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Sony has opened an underwater store that can only be reached by scuba diving. The jellyfish-themed Xperia Aquatech Store is 4 meters underwater off the coast of Dubai. Not everyone is welcomed since you either need an invite or be a Sony-approved contest winner. Sony does provide scuba training along with dive guides. We get it Sony, you offer waterproof products.

The way they blurred the pic of the tank gave me pause. It has no valve!

Last pic...the guy looks panicked!

As for the blur...doesn't look quite natural to me.

blur is photoshopped If it were done with the camera short depth of field the guys foot in the background would be blurred also.

We get it Sony, you offer waterproof products.

But this time, Sony is totally unavailable to the Fearless Great Leader.

The Tank does have a valve - look at the 'R' on the sign that is partially obscured by the handle on the A-clamp fitting. I agree it is a Photoshopped effect - yook at the bloke's legs on the right - the furthest leg is in better focus than the nearest. The photo looks like it has been unaltered apart from a blur effect. They have probably highlighted the rig in the foreground, missing out the valve and hoses above it, inverted the selection and added a blur effect.

blur is photoshopped
And obviously, too. They could definitely have done a better job with that, although it's near impossible to make a really convincing low-DOF type of blur in post.

Maybe they need to spend more money and time on internet security instead of expensive marketing stunts with a return on investment lower than my IQ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom