You know you're a diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
You know you're a diver when 8 days worth of clothing, underwear, and toiletries fits neatly in your carry-on bag... but you still need two full-sized suitcases.

FullSizeRender_3_.jpg

Are the hard-sided cases for the CCR and the DPV off to the side, or are you traveling light? :D

Reactions: RJP
Must be going to warm water. Dry suit but no pile of undies.

I spent a few years in Iraq. It was quite the challenge to keep my dive gear small enough to fit on a helo out of a remote camp. Then I had to pack a dive magazine or two in with my hand carried bag with my regs, UW camera and dive computers so I could explain what scuba was to the Iraqi airport security.

There where a few trips I took just enough dive gear to be comfortable, rented the BCD and bought new clothes on site.

Those were actually pretty fun trips. :d

Must be going to warm water. Dry suit but no pile of undies.

The little blue/grey pile in front of the suit is TWO sets of tropical undergarments.

Oh, by the way... if you haven't been on the DUI website yet this week...

DUI drysuit owner Ray Purkis

"It's hip to be dry"

---------- Post added December 11th, 2014 at 03:41 PM ----------

You know you're a diver when...
Your dive gear worth way more than your car.

Same with cycling.

If your car is worth more than your bike... it's time for a new bike.

... you put your camera equipment, dive lights and gauges in your carry-on bag ... and it weighs more than your check-in luggage ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Weather and water temp. gets checked regularly.

Back
Top Bottom