So we're normalizing relations with Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish in a Barrel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last edited by a moderator:
I dove Cayo Largo many years ago and it was as good as any in the Caribbean. I know veradero isn't all that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard on the news that there are no plans to relax restrictions on vacation travel yet.

I once trained a young Marine who was home from Guantanamo on leave. He said that all of that huge bay within the NAS is really good (haven't seen it myself). He also said there's a procedure which allows someone stationed there to invite you down. And there's a scuba shop on base.

-Bryan

Google Maps aerial view

I've got a buddy from high school who was in the Navy and was at a base down there. He was constantly posting dive photos on Facebook and they looked pretty amazing. He completed his 20 years last year and hasn't posted a dive photo since.

Worked with a guy stationed at Gitmo and he loved the diving. My Canadian friends who have been there tell me it's good and inexpensive. The ban being left this long was stupid. That it's been in effect for no good reason downright idiotic.

After seeing the Anderson Cooper report where he was diving in Cuba I have wanted to go there really bad.
Found my old dive buddy in Key West and his wife wouldn't let him go. Hope someone starts a LiveAboard.

After seeing the Anderson Cooper report where he was diving in Cuba I have wanted to go there really bad.
Found my old dive buddy in Key West and his wife wouldn't let him go. Hope someone starts a LiveAboard.

Funny, there happens to be a liveaboard already in Key West with all of the proper permits. Huh, fancy that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom