EPCOT DiveQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, at 27' for 45 minutes...do I log this as a dive? :wink:

And the debate begins...... lol.

You will find mixed opinions amongst professionals about whether or not to count these types of dives.

The DiveQuest program is a NAUI partnership, so I guess at least NAUI considers it a dive :)

(to be fair...I'm kinda trolling. My next post will be split or regular fins? hahah)

(to be fair...I'm kinda trolling. My next post will be split or regular fins? hahah)

Epcot provides split fins, if I recall correctly. They did last time I dove there. No Spare Air, however.

epcot provides split fins, if i recall correctly. They did last time i dove there. No spare air, however.

what?! No spare air?!

When the swimming pool has over a million gallons and is full of fish, I log it. Its bigger than some of the Springs that count for OW dives.

IIRC they offer to stamp your logbook. So clearly they regard it as a dive.

That said, logbooks are about more than counting dives (at least once you get past the "you need x dives to enter this course" stage). If it was enjoyable and memorable and you're into logging dives then log it and damn the Scuba Police!

They did give me split fins to use at Epcot and that was great; I've consequently never had to buy a pair for myself to discover they give about as much grip and water feel as you'd get from duct taping a couple of wooden spoons to your feet.

They did give me split fins to use at Epcot and that was great; I've consequently never had to buy a pair for myself to discover they give about as much grip and water feel as you'd get from duct taping a couple of wooden spoons to your feet.

I'm going to use this in my split or regular fins thread. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom