Would You Use A Ponypak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyin01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sport Shallow

It looks like the Ponypak is getting close to production. Would you use the Ponypak or a standard pony bottle?

Pony bottle slung.:D

Billy? Izzatyou?

Does it take out your teeth if you jump off the bow?

Does it have 4 clips to secure it over your chest? Does it not impede the removal and replacement of the scuba unit when worn on the chest?

Has anyone ever, taken off their pony bottle and clipped it off to the victim and left them to ascend on their own?

In an emergency, what benefit is derived from removing 3 or 4 clips to deploy the bottle, then attaching 3 or 4 clips to the victim (to allow them to ascend)?

the forward clip strap looks too long to allow the pony to ride well when clipped off under the arm. Is there any video of what this looks like when diving and swimming? Of doing all the unclipping and clipping in a simulated emergency?

why does the BC not have an inflator hose on it? Does the inflator get tangled in the cross chest bottle?

What the :censored: is that thing?

And I don't just mean that as a dismissive, what a dumb idea (though I mean that, too): I mean literally, the photos don't make it clear what's part of the "ponypak" and what's part of the BC harness.

Also, didn't Zeagle already do this with their AL20+RaZor valve/1st stage combo+slung bag?

Last edited:
PonyPak is the first, simple, elegant, logical solution to the need of every diver - to have a fully independant air supply that not only will get you to the surface with a full safety stop - it also is instantly deployable to a second, "out-of-air" diver for a completely separated, independant and safe ascent for both divers.

My AL40 stage/deco bottle can do all those things, and unlike the PonyPak, won't get me laughed off the dive boat.

Back
Top Bottom