Scubatoys wants your input!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are making many changes over the next year here at Scubatoys.com. I thought it might be nice to get some input from our customers local and out of town. We are redesigning the website and remodeling in the shop as well. We will be changing up the brands we carry and bringing in some fresh new lines and getting rid of some that haven't done so well. We have received requests for certain apps or services on the site as well as services and training in the store. With all that, we would like to know if there is anything else that you the customers would like to see changed or perhaps something new that you think would help to make each and everyone's experience here at Scubatoys better on the site or in the store. We welcome any and all input. Who knows you just might be responsible for the next latest and greatest idea. The entire Scubatoys Staff would like to thank you in advance for your help and input. It is greatly appreciated!

I used to shop with you a lot when I was a new diver. Shipping costs prevent me from shopping with you and Leisure pro. If you ever evaluated your shipping policy and included Alaska as a part of the US then I would look at shopping again. It drives me nuts to pay more for shipping to Alaska when USPS is the same from Florida to Washington as it is from Florida to Alaska. I bet if you met up with Mike at DRIS he would be buying your lunch to thank you for your shipping policy because he is my LDS now, even Dive Gear Express who charges for shipping makes sure the postage label price and the amount on my cc are the same.

Yes, inflated shipping costs get me going.

I would suggest doing a star review system that allows typed reviews also. This allows others who have purchased the item a venue for feedback on the product. This helps consumers make decisions partially based on other divers' actual experiences with that product. For example, if there is some fundamental flaw that can save other would be purchasers from a headache product. Conversely, if a product is really good that information can be relayed as well. I think the goal should be to be as informative as possible to your customer base and that will also keep them searching on your site longer.

Sorry, I run 6 different businesses and you asked lol.

I've bought from you guys a few times. I also shop at some other online vendors; LeisurePro, Scuba.com, Amazon, etc... A few thoughts...

1.) When I open a page with a lot of entries, like Sale items, even if I tell it 96 items/page, I can have 4 pages or so to scroll through. Scuba.com has 'View All' as an option. More convenient.

2.) Your book section is sparse. You group all the Lonely Planet guides into one place; I suggest breaking it down. Some people won't know what all guides they have, and won't bother clicking on that to see if there's one for their destination.

3.) Your Education section is sparse. I'm not anti-NAUI, but you've chosen a niche player. Plus they're no equivalent of the SDI Solo Diver manual.

Richard.

---------- Post added January 16th, 2015 at 09:02 PM ----------

P.S.: I agree, fellow user reviews are important. So much so that I use them to research purchases, and if your site doesn't have them for a product I'm looking at, I'll likely go to LeisurePro or Amazon get see star ratings & user reviews. While I'm there, I might see cheaper shipping...

Since you're redecorating, might as well move. Say to the western DFW area...

On second thought, it's probably a good idea that you're an hour and a half from my house. It's less tempting...

Jim

Agreed, shipping and brokerage fees kill us, not to mention exchange rate sometimes. Great gear, great selection and good service........wish I could afford it more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lose UPS to Canada they hammer us with duty and
taxes! for small shipments USPS is fine, this is why unless I had a large order I would not order from you!

Totally agree UPS suck for Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom