Water Temp. - 87 degrees in the Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaverdivers

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is the water temp. really 87 degrees in the Maldives right now?

source?

Is the water temp. really 87 degrees in the Maldives right now?

Brrrr..... that's 11deg cooler than body temperature!

:d

Yes. The Maldives and indeed the Indian ocean stays at about 87 all year long. But that's nothing. In the summer off the coast of the UAE where I dive the water gets really warm in the summer. Generally about 91- 95F on the surface. Last year off Dubai the water was still 97 at 100 ft down. When the air temp is 120F it still feels "refreshing"

Give me warm over cold any day

NO! Just left late sunday. Warmest temperature read at surface was 82 but for the most part was 80 and lower. I'd left my chillguard behind believing water temps would be 84. Was quite cold more than once. Winds hadn't died down and there was lots of shivering and a little cursing after reboarding the dhonni.

Yeah it's warm there - Gulf of Thailand has always been around 87-90 deg - Didn't know oceans got that warm until i jumped in
Have fun if your going

When we went last may it was 29-30 all day (84-86) unless you hiit an upwelling along an ocean side kandu. Two years prior it was 29-31.

ask me again in 2 months.

rick

Back
Top Bottom