I just bought my first gear set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yat yas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I am a Marine and have been diving for about a year now. Everyone told me that I needed to go ahead and buy my own gear, but I was using my brother's so why bother right? I decided to go ahead and purchase some items.

Regulator - HOG D2 with two Zenith 2nd stages

Computer - Cressi Leonardo

BC - Zeagle 911

Upgraded my fins - Dive Rite

Being that my girlfriend lives in Goldsboro, I stopped in and spoke to the guys at Air Hogs. That was about a year ago. When I called them up last week, they remembered who I was and chatted about the Marine Corps for a while. Long story short, these guys HOOKED ME THE H*LL UP!!! They gave me a huge military discount and I wanted to thank them.

If you are a military type, you should get in touch with these guys. I am not sure if this is the right spot to put this in.

Huge props to you for serving, and to Air Hogs for taking care of you. :medal:

Enjoy the new gear and hope if brings you years of safe and happy diving!!

Enjoy the new gear, and don't eat any apricots while diving.

Based on your Yat Yas name, I assumed you'd be familiar with the superstition of apricots on AAV's. Maybe it is only a 1st Mar Div thing.

congrats.

any local diving where you're stationed? I bet Guam or Okinawa would be a dream duty station.

Well I am a Marine and have been diving for about a year now. Everyone told me that I needed to go ahead and buy my own gear, but I was using my brother's so why bother right? I decided to go ahead and purchase some items.

Regulator - HOG D2 with two Zenith 2nd stages

Computer - Cressi Leonardo

BC - Zeagle 911

Upgraded my fins - Dive Rite

Nice to see another buddy in the gun club. I too have recently purchased my first set of gear since I just got to Pendleton and figured I would be taking advantage of the diving.

Went with an SM package from Edd (CA). Hollis SMS75, Hog D3s, and Hog Zeniths. Paired with a Hollis DG03 and some HP steel 100s

Only put about 15 real dives down with SM but so far the Hog regs have been a huge improvement over my garage sale reg set I was using before. I believe you made a solid choice with HOG and probably love them as much as I do. Also nice to see a shop willing to hook you up. Lawrd knows SCUBA is an expensive hobby! - especially for a crossed broomsticks like me :)

PS:
I heard a story from a guy in a LDS here who served with a Marine who served enlisted in WWII. He was AAV or whatever it was called back then. While debarking from a ship back to CONUS with their vehicles they were pulling into the boat basin on base with all their trash when a customs boat pulled in. Word went around that customs was boarding all the boats spot checking for contraband. Legend has it that Del Mar boat basin became the final resting place for more dope and firearms than an entire third world country overnight.

I have only dove the boat basin once but I did pull up a rusted belt of about 10 rounds from a 240. Have yet to find anything else. Thought that was a pretty entertaining story :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom