Drysuit condom catheter sizing help & questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hroark2112

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK, here goes. I contemplated making a puppet name for this thread, but screw it....I'm married anyway...

So I've ordered a drysuit and have ordered the pee valve. This will be my first time in a drysuit, and my first time using a pee valve. I get the general idea how this all works, after all I am a plumber!!

I've read you have to order the proper size catheter. Here's the first question.

:: deep breath :::

So as far as sizing goes, in what "condition" do you size for, taking into consideration that some men are "show-ers" and some men are "grow-ers".

Obviously, if you're a "show-er" then you have no problem...size it up, glue it on, go dive. But what about those guys who are "grow-ers"? Do you size it up for the natural, waiting to rise to glory state, and hope you don't swim up behind a particularly sexy dolphin and end up strangling your junior diver...or do you size it up while perusing the 2015 Hooter's calendar and risk it being improperly sized when you have your George Costanza moment (I was in the pool!!!)...or somewhere in between?

Whew. That one is out of the way!

Next, do you put it on at home, and then connect it when you suit up? I ask because I am 3+ hours from the coast, and I'm not sure I can contemplate a long drive with a latex suit on my little buddy.

Last edited:
You are asking a question I have always wanted to know. I will be looking at my first drysuit purchase in the coming months and was wondering the same thing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No pictures, please.
In a more serious note, I'm also trying to figure this one out. I don't think that trying the different size on in a store is the way to go...

I try to always put it on at home, cause when I get to the dive site, I just want to go diving.
1 buy different size and try them on.
2 don't forget to shave the area. ......
3 buy quick disconnect fitting

My solution was Depends. How am I going to get ready to don a condom catheter in a parking lot in broad daylight? I'll get arrest for lewd behavior. You do know you need to enlarge Jr. some to don the catheter? If you do go the condom catheter route make sure you get a few X-tra large size so you can impress other divers when one asks if you have an extra because he forgot his. :wink:

Call up Rochester and ask for the sample pack that comes with the card stock measure.

Unless diving really effects in that way, the condoms have very generous stretch so be honest with yourself or otherwise you will be diving a wetsuit. When you think you got the correct size you will probably need one size smaller. I meant that with no disrespect.

I use Rochester Ultraflex. Others use the wideband.
When your sure of your honest size, you can find them online in bulk for $1.00 each from time to time.

Further to the excellent suggestion above.

Disinfect tubing and your penis after diving... I use a 10 percent solution of Dettol for the outboard dump and baby wipes for myself.

I am not a fan of wearing a condom catheter any longer than necessary; however, your mileage may vary. BUT in any case keep your equipment as clean and sterile as possible... and NO, urine is not sterile by default.

Call up Rochester and ask for the sample pack that comes with the card stock measure.

Unless diving really effects in that way, the condoms have very generous stretch so be honest with yourself or otherwise you will be diving a wetsuit. When you think you got the correct size you will probably need one size smaller. I meant that with no disrespect.

I use Rochester Ultraflex. Others use the wideband.
When your sure of your honest size, you can find them online in bulk for $1.00 each from time to time.

What he said.

Also unless you're unfortunate, you'll have small or extra small catheters leftover from the Rochester sample pack.

Write your buddy's name on the unopened packs with a sharpie and leave them lying around casually on the dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom