Diving On Super Bowl Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I received my Open Water certification on Super Bowl Sunday, 2006. Got back to my hotel in West Palm Beach in time to watch the Steelers beat the Seahawks. Was a bit odd sitting in the lobby bar at the Marriott watching the game with 100 people I didn't know.

Since the Seahawks lost that game... I'm rooting for them to win this year's game. (The fact that I hate the Patriots helps, of course.)

Thought it would be interesting to see how divers are spending SuperBowl Sunday this year and how good Scubaboard is at predicting the winner. Here's a link to a quick survey that will show instant results at the end.

Scuba Super Bowl Pool Survey

Last edited:
I certainly would enjoy diving before the game. However, if it's between watching the game or diving, I'd choose the game. Of course this all means nothing because I'm stuck working this Sunday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RJP
I'll just be getting out of the water at kick off...may head to Moose McGillicuddy's for a few drinks and to watch the second half.

I haven't been able to get out for a local dive in over a year now. I have been too busy with my kids and their weekend sports activities. This weekend is no exception. But I will be skiing with my oldest daughter (and dive buddy) on a short weekend getaway. We will be back in the condo in plenty of time for the game.

As for the winner? I usually go with the defending champions until they actually lose. And considering there is no way the ball will be underinflated for Brady and company I'd go with the Seahawks. And speaking of having a little less gas in the balls and not know how that happened I'm sure glad Tom Brady is not by dive buddy. Can you imagine being halfway through a dive and having him give you the low on air sign. Gee, I don't know how that happened.

Being from New England and a transplant to NJ - it is difficult to give up rooting for the good guys and home team. We suffered through the days / years of Drew Bledsoe and Steve Grogan.
Go Pats!

I'll be in a "pool." Does that count?

Doing checkouts for two guys at noon.

ice is too dangerous to think about the River, and it is supposed to be single digits or below. guess I am watching the game (no, not really - perhaps listening to it)

I'll be in the water conducting OW certifications before the game, but should be out and back home in time for kick off, least that's what I promised the students.
I'm not a pro football fan, I would much rather watch college football, but I'll root for the Hawks because my in laws are Pats fans.

I'll be diving Sunday, but then again, I'm also in the UK. But I'm also originally from MA, which means I'll stay up until stupid o'clock in the morning to watch the Pats crush the Seahawks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom