Recommendations on a gear bag.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba7

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Narrowed it down to three, but if you have a good bag, dont be shy to list it here.
After something that will get wet, needs to be tough, and lasts a year or two.

Pinnacle duffle bag Pinnacle Pacific Duffle Bag BA12NBK88
Very solid, used one before, but if anything, a little too big.

Mares Cruise X Strap bag Mares Cruise X-Strap Foldable Duffle Bag 415543
Looks like a decent bag, but hard to tell till you really test them IMHO.

Cressi Spazio Duffel Bag Cressi Spazio Duffel Bag UA924002
Seems nice, but no youtube videos on em so really no idea. Good reviews tho.

TIA.

If you can live without a dive gear logo on the bag there are hundreds of "as good or better" options available for half the price of the ones you linked to. Head to your local Walmart, Dick's, Target, Kohls etc with $25 and you'll find just what you need.

i bought a Samsonite bag for $29 about six or seven years ago and it's been all over the world and back dozens of times.

If you can live without a dive gear logo on the bag there are hundreds of "as good or better" options available for half the price of the ones you linked to. Head to your local Walmart, Dick's, Target, Kohls etc with $25 and you'll find just what you need./QUOTE]

I am in Australia.
Most of the cheap stuff here is cheap and nasty.

Whatever you get, if it is going to be exposed to salt water make sure any zips have plastic teeth and plastic sliders.

Dive gear manufacturers don't make bags, they tend to get their logo slapped on the side of something a third-party makes for them and, as such, they often miss the little details that can turn a decent bag into an expensive mistake.

I am in Australia. Most of the cheap stuff here is cheap and nasty.

Most stores have online shopping... I have to believe Walmart, Target and others will ship luggage bags to your door - but I don't know what shipping would cost - may be worth 15 mins of your time to check it out... :D

I am in Australia.
Most of the cheap stuff here is cheap and nasty.

I'm not talking about "cheap stuff" in this case. I'm simply talking about NOT paying 2x what something is worth simply because it has a scuba logo on it.

Forget the Walmart cheapie option. Seriously. You can get a bag designed for scuba geqar for as low as $80 or so (Akona's Globe Trotter) but I prefer something more substantial, like the Cressi Moby 5. Weight is a big factor in selecting a bag that will be use for air travel, not so much for one to lug your gear around in the back of your car of truck.
DivemasterDennis

Whatever you get, if it is going to be exposed to salt water make sure any zips have plastic teeth and plastic sliders.

Dive gear manufacturers don't make bags, they tend to get their logo slapped on the side of something a third-party makes for them and, as such, they often miss the little details that can turn a decent bag into an expensive mistake.

Good advice.
Never would have thought of that.
Thanks.

---------- Post added February 13th, 2015 at 08:35 AM ----------

like the Cressi Moby 5.
DivemasterDennis

I will check it out.
Thanks Dennis.

Mesh bag for weights.
Used hockey bag somebody gives you with zipper that works, doesn't work, or isn't there.
Hockey bag without zipper: Don't take if flying anywhere and when on boat dive make sure nothing falls out.

Back
Top Bottom