Help creating a SCUBA Club name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alicia5272000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am starting a scuba club at the University of South Florida Sarasota-manatee and am looking for help thinking of a fun name. Our Mascot is Rocky the Bull so I was trying to find something with bull in it. I have thought of a few names but not sure if I like them. I currently have- Underwater Bulls, Deep Water Bulls, Self Contained Underwater Bulls Association. does anyone have any other ideas?

Having spent a career involved in things like the naming of products, services, companies, and other organizations... two questions:

1.) What do you want the name to convey?
2.) To whom?

Without knowing - and factoring in - that information you're not really "naming" the club... you're just putting together piles of words.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

Our Mascot is Rocky the Bull so I was trying to find something with bull in it.

In marketing we call that "Labeling The Elephant."

If your mascot is a BULL... adding the word BULL is probably not necessary, and may actually be silly.

:D

Bull.png

Certainly not bull and scuba in that order. Bull Scuba divers. Warning: Bull Scuba in the water.

Not much help here - but something like - Students Focused on SCUBA (SFS) and have a Manatee in scuba gear below (do you have an art class that someone could sketch one for you)? Missing Rocky but a Manatee is much cooler for a dive shirt...

USF-Manatee Divers

People shouldn't have trouble figuring out what it means.

or if you do not want to be confused with the swim team

USF-Manatee Scuba Club

Simple and accurate

ScuBulls

Bully divers
Sea Bulls
Scuba bulls
Bull on the rocks
Water Bulls
Horney Divers (I could not resist)
Rocky Divers
Bull Scuba (SFS-BS)