Nothing beats that...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Nothing beats that "new gear" smell!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Special thanks to the good folks at DiveSeekers for making a warranty case to ScubaPro... and to ScubaPro for coming through without blinking an eye.

I'm waiting for my new BCD from mares... Got to love warrantys in the winter for new gear in spring

"the smell of neoprene in the morning."

"Nothing else in the world smells like that. One day we had this dive boat out for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up to the bow. We didn't find one of 'em. Not one stinking old wetsuit. The smell... you know that neoprene smell. The whole boat. Smelled like... victory."

"One day this dive trip's gonna end..."

6tHOxj5.gif

Nothing beats that "new gear" smell!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Special thanks to the good folks at DiveSeekers for making a warranty case to ScubaPro... and to ScubaPro for coming through without blinking an eye.
Sniffin' fins again? There are self-help groups for that...

Classic fins from DGE for Christmas... I confess to having fondled them once or twice as I await the opportunity to get them wet...

While I am glad this worked out for you, I am quite surprised. The Scubapro USA warranty is fairly clear - 1 year. I wonder if they will replace the exhaust tees on my 30 Y/O Balanced Adjustables.

These fins going to be used on the upcoming Truk Trip? My old heavy Jetfins have held up over eight years diving the wrecks --although they're scarred, scored, gouged and stained red from the ships' rust. The spring strap sheath have faded black to brown probably from the sun. But they're still usable & functional.

My replacement lighter weight ScubaPro Jet Sport Fins with composite plastic blades are delaminating at the tips, only after a month's diving on the Truk wrecks. . .

While I am glad this worked out for you, I am quite surprised. The Scubapro USA warranty is fairly clear - 1 year. I wonder if they will replace the exhaust tees on my 30 Y/O Balanced Adjustables.

If you had a great LDS - who likes you as much as you like them - to take the matter up with SP, perhaps they might. But I seem to recall that you're not a big fan of dive shops...

:cool2:

If you had a great LDS - who likes you as much as you like them - to take the matter up with SP, perhaps they might. But I seem to recall that you're not a big fan of dive shops...

:cool2:

It is probably more that I enjoy the savings of buying gear at good prices - usually used. My 20 Y/O modified USD Blades that I picked up for $30 may be on their last leg but ebay will replace them for me for only $30. Hard to beat.:kiss2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom