Am I a bad person

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I finally hastled one buddy into taking Open Water. Predictably, he loved it.

Now I'm going on vacation with some friends and, of course, the first thing I dig in on is "Before we go, everyone needs to take Open Water lessons."

I've got one bite, but I'm starting to feel guilty.

I've always hated missionaries.

they live in darkness and eternal blindness who have never visited Poseidon's Realm...

go forth and spread the news without guilt!

ego te absolvere, nolo contendere, et pluribus unum, etc. etc.

H2Andy:
they live in darkness and eternal blindness who have never visited Poseidon's Realm...

go forth and spread the news without guilt!

But be careful, don't try to force someone to dive who really doesn't want to. Its listed as an absolute contridiction of the RSTC medical form, long version. (Discover scuba diving is ok though since its more of an expierence program not a training program)

Just my thoughts....

Mike

ok.... Revised Creed:

go forth and spread the news without guilt, but force not those unwilling, lest
their blood be on your hands!

Putting the bug in someones ear isn't forcing them. I talk to alot of my fellow techs and alot have started/or will be starting to dive in the very near future. The ones that already do, we have something exciting to talk about. The ones that have stopped get that little itch again. Diving is exciting and unless people know how exciting it is, they can't get excited about it.

H2Andy:

To which I must reply:
Pie lesu domine, Dona eis requiem

saying:
Am I a bad person
Yes, you are the personification of the evil that is scuba, you are the prophet of scuba; scuba's representative on Earth. You, sir, are the Pope of scuba!

Ha! But we are onto you, we will hunt you down and make you pay for your herecy when you least expect us because...

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SCUBA INQUISITION!!!

Our chief weapon is a home made jacket-style BCD and a pointy knife. No! - Our two main weapons are a home made BCD, a pointy knife and a fanatical disregard for DIR.. Damn! Our THREE, yes three main weapons are Home-made BCDs, pointy knives, a fanatical disregard for DIR and several pirated copies of "Jaws: The Revenge". Oh for f...... Our four, yes four..? Five? Never mind...

Remember, we know where you dive.......

K.

pt40fathoms:
To which I must reply:
Pie lesu domine, Dona eis requiem

why do people keep speaking French to me? i keep
saying i don't speak the language!

requiem aeternum daes, domine
et lux perpetua luscet deis

cobaltbabe:
Putting the bug in someones ear isn't forcing them. I talk to alot of my fellow techs and alot have started/or will be starting to dive in the very near future. The ones that already do, we have something exciting to talk about. The ones that have stopped get that little itch again. Diving is exciting and unless people know how exciting it is, they can't get excited about it.

True and agreed. Its just important to remember that not everyone is as interested in diving or learning to dive as we are. That coupled with this statement:

saying:
So I finally hastled one buddy into taking Open Water

made me post the disclaimer that I did.

Mike

Phaethon:
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SCUBA INQUISITION!!!

amongst our chief weaponry are such diverse elements as,
fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical
devotion to DIR

er...

no, strike that :wink:

Back