Questionnaire on a possible new suit, designed at a UK university

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Scuba Divers!
We are a small group from a British University looking at new Scuba designs. We understand that many of you are affected by DCI and are trying to implement an idea to prevent this problem.
We understand this survey is very vague, however we would like to gain some early market research on a new possible scuba suit design.
Your time in filling out this survey would be greatly appreciated, plus any other comments you have we will be grateful to receive.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GYKSJ6Q

Regards, Danny

We understand that the idea is not the most feasible, however we were wanting to test the market to see what sort of response we would get from the market for a number of different original ideas.

Last edited:
We understand that many of you are affected by DCI [...]
Where the heck did you get that understanding? Estimated DCI Incidence in a Select Group of Recreational Divers

And how the heck can a "Scuba suit" (sic) "work round the problem of Decompression illness"? :confused: The only diving suit that prevents nitrogen from dissolving in tissues underwater would (AFAIK) be something like this. I'd hazard a guess that you'd be hard pressed to find a market among sport divers for a contraption like that. For once, most recreational divers would probably find that a bit cost-prohibitive...

I am confused and it's not even Friday yet.

Does your Uni or town have a dive club/shop? How many of there members or customers expressed an interest "A SCUBA suit that works around the problem of DCI"

Any time you get in the water for a dive, you risk DCI. how big of a risk it is is dependent on many, many factors. If you don't want to get bent, don't dive

Thanks everyone for your responses, we do know it's not the most viable option however we're trying to test the market with different products. Any further replies will be hugely appreciated.
Thanks for all your help,
Danny

Answered your questionnaire.

When it comes to: ". We understand that many of you are affected by DCI and are trying to implement an idea to prevent this problem.", I am afraid that your assumption, or your phrasing is incorrect. While everyone is concerned by DCI, very few of us ( luckily enough ) have ever suffered from it :).

Reactions: RJP
Not sure how to answer the first question.

The question "Do you dive regularly" is a "yes or no" question... but you're using a 5-point Likert scale. Can't imagine how you will interpret the answers from someone who "Neither agrees nor disagrees" with the question. In fact, how does one "disagree" with a question?

You may want to track down a market research professor for some help.

…And how the heck can a "Scuba suit" (sic) "work round the problem of Decompression illness"? :confused: The only diving suit that prevents nitrogen from dissolving in tissues underwater would (AFAIK) be something like this...

Well there is another one, but the suit requires an integrate pure Oxygen rebreather. :wink:

Well there is another one

I reckoned there might be. That's why I put in the "AFAIK" disclaimer :D

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Back
Top Bottom