Sub Duck aquatec not very loud underwater. What is more effective?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Let me start by saying that I do not like the idea but my wife consider it an essential safety tool. To be used ONLY in case of emergency, nothing else. I must say that she used it only onces, a few years ago while trapped behind in the current. Attracted the attention of the group............... SO I have no argument against it :(

She used to have an hammerhead alarm that worked remakably well but presents a leak now. Impossible to find the correct o-ring. I have tried several o-rings with no success and the manufacturor claims that the product has been discontinued YEARS ago and they have no spare o-rings for sale.

Therefore she bought a Sub duck from Aquatec that is VERY HARD to hear above and especially under water. We went back to the scuba shop, only to hear that the product had no default, just nothing comparable to the noise level of teh defunct hammerhead device.

therefore I have only one question: Does anyone of you have a better product experience?

The hammerhead were the best by far, I used it for teaching, my CD gave me one when I enrolled in the course, but by then, they were already discontinued.
I found a shop online and bought 3, just so I'd have spare ones in case mine broke.

Not teaching anymore, so they are for sale, click the link on my signature, look at last post on thread, if he doesnt want it, I can sell it to you.

If you don't have a Seaquest Air source, you would have to find an adpter, suppliers like Innovative, Trident have them, I did that when I used it with a Scubapro AIR2

Any modern hand grenade... For some dive buddies, anyway.

These rattle things make a great noise when they are stuffed up the owner's .......

Seriously you can't find an O-ring?

You are not looking hard enough, go to some hardware shop or similar, believe me there are companies making O-rings of all sizes. Have you tried Google?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom