Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FINALLY. Last time I wrote that was 2011 when I finished my DM course. It took me 9 years, 4 months, 3 days to get to 500. The first 2-3 years or so I didn't dive as often as later years. Figured I'd make a big deal of it because it is very iffy that I'll get to change my "numbers" profile again. I'd have to keep up my pace of 70-75 dives a year and at age 61 next month, that is more likely not to happen. My past 3 summers DMing OW course dives are included in the 500, and I will probably quit that after '15 or '16. Anyway, the dive was an hour long shore dive at 15' or so at Perdido Pass, Alabama (West) jetty. It was a good day. Hope I can post like this again.....

wonderful news...........now your half way to a 1000 dives.

Welcome to the club. I hope each one of those dives is evidenced by an appropriate log entry!.
DivemasterDennis

Are you kidding??? I am MISTER OCS or OCD, etc. Hey I have to look up in detail what that means.

Congratulations!

Must not of been easy living in Nova Scotia (although I was born there I never did any diving in the area).

Congratulations!

Must not of been easy living in Nova Scotia (although I was born there I never did any diving in the area).

Thanks. About half of my yearly total are in NS with the rest around the NYC area in mid summer and N. Gulf of Mex. now (Jan.-March).

wonderful news...........now your half way to a 1000 dives.
Thanks. If I keep up my current pace I'd be about 68 to get there..................outside chance. I want to do more warm water and/or tropical dives as I get older. Not because I hate cold water, but because I hate gearing up & down with that 7 mil farmer john wetsuit. So, I could wind up on that pace, if we find ourselves in a really good financial situation. I recall joining SB 8 years ago with one of my first questions being to TS&M: "How the heck do you rack up 500-999 dives?" She said of course due to local PNW diving but lots of dive vacations to the tropics. Well, hopefully that will be me. Until then, the turtle has at least won the scuba 500 race. And remember everyone, it IS a race--just like any charter dive, in that the more ground you cover without really pausing to see anything, the better!! I think I finally got booked on a "winter as they say down here" charter on the N. Gulf of Mex. so I can search for some decent shells. And dive #s 501 & 502. Think it's also time for another beer.

Congratulations on reaching a milestone. To reach 1000 a little quicker you could consider relocating to the left coast. The sites are so plentiful around here you can't help but step into one on the way to the office and logging a dive and the weather's so warm you almost have to go underwater to stay cool. Many of us consider using RB's simply because the continuous swapping of tanks can wear you out... Just sayin :wink:

You need to work a lot harder at reducing your post to dive ratio. You are running at more than a 10:1 ratio of posts to dives, which indicates that you need to spend more time in the water and less time at your keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom