Trim & Buoyancy clinic, Diving w. Elena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmssetc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Earlier this month, dberry and I took Pete's trim & buoyancy course and then went Diving with Elena on Molasses Reef and the Spiegel Grove off Key Largo.

You might have already seen the long thread on the T&B course in the "Advanced Scuba Discussion" section, and there's not much new for me to add in terms of the aims & exercises. However, I'm posting about it here for a couple of reasons... First of all, I'm not "advanced", and secondly because I don't want other "basic" divers to overlook the course (or just the concepts, if you can't get there in person) because they think ideas of trim & buoyancy are too 'advanced'.

I showed up expecting to learn something (that's what a 'course' is for, right?), but not expecting to have as much fun. I think that Pete did an excellent job at assessing where dberry & I were coming from, both in terms of our mechanics in the water and our level of understanding of concepts, and provided exercises & conversation just where we needed them. This helped us learn and practice a lot, specific to what we needed, in a short time. I left feeling much more comfortable & confident, and I think it really made a difference over the next few days of diving.

Speaking of the next few days of diving...I did 10 dives with Rainbow Reef (safe, efficient, friendly, well-run), beginning with a couple of guided dives with Elena on Molasses Reef and then the wrecks Spiegel Grove and Benwood the next day. It was really helpful to have some watchful guidance and suggestions coming from experience, particularly for me as a new diver in an unfamiliar area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom