Single trip equipment insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm flying from UK to Australia and will be bringing my diving gear with me as I plan on doing a fair bit while I'm out there. I've purchased DAN insurance (DAN Europe) which in hindsight might have been a mistake because apparently it doesn't cover equipment lost in transit.

I also don't particularly want to purchase yearly cover, because the equipment I want to bring to Australia is different to the equipment I am using in the UK and I don't want to insure both sets.

Is anyone aware of any single trip diving equipment insurance that covers loss in transit and ideally also other cover such as theft, emergency jettison etc (although I know the latter is covered by DAN Europe).

do you have house / tenant insurance? if so, check with them first. your gear should already be covered.

my home owners insurance covers all of my possessions. no need to purchase extra insurance for my scuba gear. it is already covered. regardless of where / how the loss occurs. just like my clothes, computer and camera is all covered when i travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom