Diving in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malibugary

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Have a trip planned for late January. Going with some friends who grew up on the island. Will be staying in a house in Kailua Bay. Our friends who do not dive say they know of a dive shop "Aaron's Dive Shop". Looking for suggestions as I wil be there for 10 days excluding travel. I've dove fresh water here in MO/AR as well as the Caribbean. I'm looking for at least 5 days of diving. Also is the water temp worthy of dragging a drysuit along? Only thing I've heard is Jan is likely to have rough seas on the northern part of the island so diving may be limited.

Aaron's is a great choice if you're based in Kailua, and they have banked 32% and 36%. Dry suit unnecessary unless you really hate 75-80 degree water and/or have a deco obligation measured in hours. North shore is definitely out in January unless you'd like to become the next local story about a corpse in the elevator shaft entry at Sharks Cove.

i have dove with Aaron dive shop and have no complaints...great operation.

I have also dove with Aaron's. Again, no complaints.

If you wish to dive off Honolulu, I would recommend Oahu Dive Centre.

Never dove with Aaron's, but I did use them for gas fills since they banked nitrox and had decent prices on fill cards. Out of Honolulu, I'd use Hawaiian Diving Adventures or Kaimana Divers.

+1 for Aarons. Haven't dived with them but they helped me out when I had a part break on my inflator hose a few years back. Very nice folks who helped out a diver in need.

Back
Top Bottom