golem gear 35 wing....only for ccw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoyoguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a little confused with the golem gear 35 wing. It says it is ideal for single tank use with both aluminum and steel but then further down. It says it's ideal for ccr which I assume means closed circuit rebreathers or is it creedance clearwater revival lol. Which is it as I'm looking for a wing for both aluminum 80s and steel 100 and this wing seems to fit all my requirements. Here is the exact site page

https://www.golemgear.com/p-149-golem-gear-35-wing.aspx

I read it as they are just pointing out that you can also use this wing for a rebreather. I wouldn't read too much into that, as it already stipulated what you need it for - single tank.

what are you actually looking for? Double 80's/100's you aren't going to have enough lift, 45lb for the 100's especially in a wetsuit. For singles, it's just all sorts of wrong. If you were using LP72's or LP45/50's then it would make more sense, but if you're looking for a doubles wing I'd look elsewhere

what are you actually looking for? Double 80's/100's you aren't going to have enough lift, 45lb for the 100's especially in a wetsuit. For singles, it's just all sorts of wrong. If you were using LP72's or LP45/50's then it would make more sense, but if you're looking for a doubles wing I'd look elsewhere

This is not a 45lb wing...it is 35...why is it wrong for singles in cold water with 7mm or dry suit? Seems adequate for stainless backplate with 18lbs lead most being integrated? People recommend 30 lbs lift as a minimum...figured 5 extra pounds lift is fine and I'm not looking for ulta streamline setup...just durable...Good inner bladder...Good enough lift so I don't have to be absolute perfect for deep cold dives with 7mm suit and aluminum 80 or steel tank and for cheap price. It's 280 for the wing, tank cam bands, integrated STA if you want them and hardware. Says its designed specifically for single tanks and is streamlined? Seems great? Please explain what I'm missing.

It would be too narrow for my RB but it looks OK for a single tank.

rebreather. GG makes a 35lb wing designed for the RB-80 rebreather and when you mentioned that, it is what we were assuming you were talking about.

If you have 18lbs on your plate and are diving singles, the 35lb is fine, but that sounds like an awful lot of weight with that tank.

Unfortunately I can't recommend buying from GG as their CS is noted to be horrible. Jakub is a good guy, but there have been lots and lots of issues over the years with people not happy with their service.

What wing do you have now that you are wanting to replace and why?

rebreather. GG makes a 35lb wing designed for the RB-80 rebreather and when you mentioned that, it is what we were assuming you were talking about.

If you have 18lbs on your plate and are diving singles, the 35lb is fine, but that sounds like an awful lot of weight with that tank.

Unfortunately I can't recommend buying from GG as their CS is noted to be horrible. Jakub is a good guy, but there have been lots and lots of issues over the years with people not happy with their service.

What wing do you have now that you are wanting to replace and why?

No wing. I have a regular BCD. Want to go to my first bpw setup. Already have the back plate and harness. Just looking for a wing. I'm probably heavy on the weight and I know it for the wing back plate estimate. I'm just about perfect for my bcd though. I've been told by most a 30lb wing is plenty for single tank and 7mm wetsuit or dry suit but I have been told by some a 30lb lift may not get my head above the surface high if I desire that OR if I want to put most my weight on the wing...etc. honestly I don't know what to do but I'd rather have a slightly bulky wing that provides plenty of lift if I mess up my weighting at 100 ft depths than a too light wing and have to ditch weight.

look at the DRiS Trianta wing, call Mike and talk to him, you'll save some money and have a much better CS experience. No offense to Jakub again, but his reputation isn't so hot....

look at the DRiS Trianta wing, call Mike and talk to him, you'll save some money and have a much better CS experience. No offense to Jakub again, but his reputation isn't so hot....

Hmm again I am definitely a new diver and hope to not give any disrespect but that wing has even less lift than the minimum most have told me of 30lbs? Especially since I am looking to do deep diver cert and dry suit cert this summer. I'm certified to 100 ft at the moment. Deep diver gets me to 130ft. I was told at depths 100 ft plus...a 7mm suit will offer little to no boyancy from squeeze and some people prefer a bit more lift just in case they need to carry something up for some reason. Again this is all new to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom