Grand Turk - Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Risley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a recommendation for two morning dives during a cruise stop in November. Prefer not to book with cruise line if better options are available.

Also, how is the diving / reefs in Grand Turk?

Try Blue Water Divers, I have used them several times in lieu of cruise charters. Grand Turk diving is great. Coral runs from beach to the wall, then down to 4000 feet. Great dive sites along the wall, which is typical dive. I have also made dives with cruise, they usualy use Oasis Divers, they are a larger operation, and also provide good service.

Sounds like either dive company is a winner. Glad to hear that the diving is good there. Thanks for the info.

We used Oasis when our cruise ship had a short stop. The ship had us fill out forms for equipment needed and had everything set up when we boarded the boat from the beach. The first dive was a check out - sort of ho hum. Second dive was fantastic! It let us get 2 dives in at a new location on what would have been too short a stop otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why did they do a check out dive on the cruise? If you are a certified diver and have dove recently I would hope you could get two full dive in. Just curious. What made your 2nd dive so fantastic?

Most of the divers were out of the water for quite a while + 2 new OW divers.

The second dive had short coral archway swim thru, nice coral, a lot of larger things - shark, huge grouper, multiple rays

Bohio
The wall 100 yards off shore is superb
The resort is very small and nice

We used Grand Turk Diving Company when we were there in 2013 and had a great time. They have small, fast boats (definitely no cattle boats there!) with a good selection of dive sites.

We dove our tanks/computers and not a pre-defined time line. They are also very cognizant of the time and even dropped us off on the beach close to the cruise ship when we were done.

We'll definitely use them again when we get back to Grand Turk.

Back
Top Bottom